Activities & Programs
Our activities and programs run the gamut enhancing our clients’ quality of life while engaging them in activities that fuel creativity, socialization and knowledge.
Examples of activities for clients and their families include:
- Social events (holiday & tea parties, cocktail hours, dinner and dance)
- Games (Bingo, cards, Wii Bowling)
- Outings (trips to Butterfly house, Toledo Museum of Art, Sauder’s Village, Mud Hens baseball games, shopping, ice cream, football games, MacQueen’s Orchard)
- Educational Programs (Physician presentations, community organizations, healthy living topics)
- Musical Entertainment
- Crafts (Painting, wood working, photography)
- Community Based Projects (making meals-on-wheels favors, blankets for shelters)
- Church Services
- Many, many more!
In addition to the many activities, there are exercise and aquatic classes during the week.
Transportation is provided and we love outings to various attractions and shopping centers. We enjoy rides through the countryside looking at nature bloom in the spring and watching the leaves change colors in the fall. Around the Holidays, we take in all the holiday lights while singing Christmas carols together.
The goal of the Activities Department is to provide creative, stimulating and meaningful interactions for residents of all levels of functioning.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Activities Director at 419-728-0278. Download our Volunteer Information Packet