Heritage Corner offers a wide range of planned activities to enhance the quality of life for not only the clients that live at Heritage Corner, but their families as well. The programs at Heritage Corner are designed to encourage clients to take charge of their health by participating in a variety of activities that fuel creativity, socialization and knowledge.
Examples of the wide range of activities that clients and their families can participate in are:
- Social events (holiday & tea parties, cocktail hours, dinner and dance…)
- Games (Bingo, cards, Wii Bowling…)
- Outings (trips to Butterfly house, Toledo Museum of Art, Sauder's Village, Mud Hens baseball games, shopping, ice cream, football games, MacQueen's Orchard…)
- Educational Programs (Physician presentations, community organizations, healthy living topics…)
- Musical Entertainment
- Crafts (Painting, wood working, photography…)
- Community Based Projects (making meals-on-wheels favors, blankets for shelters…)
- Church Services
- Many, many more!
In addition to the many activities offered at Heritage Corner, there are exercise classes Monday and Friday plus aquatic exercise classes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Part of the Activities Department includes the transportation vehicles; The Heritage bus and Discovery Kingdom bus. We utilize the bus as much as possible with trips to various attractions and shopping centers throughout Northwest Ohio and the surrounding areas. Very popular uses of the bus are the rides through the countryside looking at nature bloom in the spring and watching the leaves change colors in the fall. Around the Holidays we use the bus to look at the Christmas lights while singing Christmas carols together.
The goal of the Activities Department at Heritage Corner is to provide creative, stimulating and meaningful interactions for clients of all levels of functioning. Each interaction with a client is very important to the client's health and wellbeing.